5 Things Arthritis Hates
Arthur's personal list of the things he hates. This tends to double for Elizabeth, who has to put up with Arthur when he's upset.
1. The cold. Whenever it's cold, Arthur refuses to move. Which means stiffness and pain for Elizabeth.
2. High heeled shoes. Maybe they're okay for some people, but Arthur does not enjoy nice shoes. Instead, he makes Elizabeth miserable until they're off.
3. Driving. Arthur prefers to be a passenger, otherwise he becomes very painful.
4. Running. Arthur hates the impact, Elizabeth hates that her limp is a million times worse when she runs.
5. Long days. Even if there is relaxation time, Arthur can't handle long days well and he becomes very painful. But he's going to have to learn to deal with it: Elizabeth's a very busy person.
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg. He hates lots of things and tries to keep Elizabeth from a lot of things. But she doesn't let him: the only thing that holds Elizabeth down is gravity.